Tuesday, December 14, 2010

"Hello classroom, meet Podcasting."

Podcasting is a combination of the words “iPod” and “broadcasting.” The word refers to any audio or video media files that are typically released episodically. They can be recorded using expensive equipment, a home computer, or even a touch-tone phone. One of the most common ways I’ve seen podcasts used is by churches. The sermon can be recorded during a worship service and then posted online as a podcast for people to listen to if they weren’t able to make it to church.


I never thought to use podcasting in Education until I went to Ball State. Before I began studying Elementary Education, I majored in Spanish and French Education. It was not long before I saw what a great tool podcasting would be for teachers and students. In foreign languages, it can be used to help students learn vocabulary words. And that’s just the beginning. The possibilities are endless. Here is the link to a list of ten great podcasts for the classroom. I’ve also added it to Del.icio.us. Let me know what you think about podcasting in the classroom!



No comments: